Scam 2021

 Scam 2021

Hey there readers! It's me Ish here and you are reading THE TEEN VOGUE. The one-stop Blogspot for all your teen-related issues and how to solve them. By a teen, for a teen. 
Today I bring you SCAM 2021. This is not related to the Harshad Mehta scam (but it's a good series). This is about the very popular coms app scam. The app is WHATSAPP. 
This year, when everyone was celebrating the new year, WhatsApp was busy making a new update. After updating, the user will see a new dialog box which will have their term and conditions. 92% of people agree without reading the TC. After which the user and the company are in a contract. This contract will allow the company to read the user's chats. Now I thought (and most people will), " I don't have NASA's secret codes on my WhatsApp, I don't need to worry". Well, you do need to worry. These chats will be read and advertisements will be shown on Facebook and Instagram. Many people will still think that it is alright. But they can read our chats, isn't that creepy already?
Now, just after this update was made, Tesla's founder Elon Musk tweeted about this to spread awareness and suggested switching to SIGNAL instead. The signal is a communication app that has similar features to WhatsApp. Although it does not have some features like status sharing, a web version, and are few more, the company is constantly working on making the app better. I have also suggested many people to switch to Signal. Signal now has millions of new users. The app initially had some server errors because it got so many users, the app is however stable now. 
Now, what has WhatsApp done to prevent this? Soon after Elon's tweet, we saw WhatsApp in our status column. It said that they value our privacy and cannot read or listen to our conversation. They have now delayed the chat-reading for the normal version and have started it for BUSINESS WHATSAPP. 

Let's switch to signal, a more private and safe communication app.
Available both on Play Store and App Store.

I am sure this was helpful to you in some way. And I'll be doing more of such stuff. If you have any doubts or questions, you can fill up my comments section. And also, I have not copied my content from any website and have written it on my own.
I'd be tackling issues related to studies, friendship, career, choices, and more. Being a teenager is hard, but let's face it together. I am open to suggestions so you can mail me at- ipshita7000i@gmail.com
A kind request to my readers, if you comment under the blog then make sure your name is displayed. If you don't own an account then make sure you leave your name in the comments.
Thank you for reading.
©IpshitaBlogs

Comments

Popular Posts